Three new cases of COVID-19 coronavirus recovery have been officially confirmed in the Chernivtsi region as of March 26.
This was reported by the head of the Chernivtsi Regional State Administration Serhiy Osachuk.
"They were being treated at our regional clinical hospital in the infectious disease ward, and have now confirmed that they have recovered and are free of infection," he said.
Osachuk said there was one of the three was a child who had already been discharged from the hospital. Adults will be released on the morning of March 27.
At the same time, he said that on March 26, 20 samples were tested in the Chernivtsi region, of which 5 gave a positive result which means 5 new cases of infection in the region.
“We have two women and three men among the newly diagnosed infections, including two children aged 2 and 11. The age of adults is up to 40,” said Osachuk.
Thus, the total number of confirmed cases of infection in the region has increased to 47 people.
The first recovery from coronavirus was also recorded in the Chernivtsi region. Thus, four people have recovered from COVID-19 in Ukraine and they all came from the same region in western Ukraine.
According to official data of the Ministry of Health, 156 cases of coronavirus infection have been recorded in Ukraine, with five of them lethal.
A 71-year-old woman died in the Zhytomyr region, two women from the Ivano-Frankivsk region: a 56-year-old woman and another, whose age has not yet been specified by the Ministry of Health, a 33-year-old female from the Chernivtsi region, and a 68-year-old man from the Ternopil region.