Hromadske International is proud to again partner with The Riga Conference, the biggest security and foreign policy forum in the Baltic Sea region.
This year, the Riga Conference is being held in the Latvian capital on October 11 and 12. Hromadske International is live streaming the forum during these two days.
The Rīga Conference is organized jointly by the Latvian Transatlantic Organisation, the Ministry of Defence of the Republic of Latvia, and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Latvia.
During eleven sessions the forum will discuss, among others, such topics as the challenges NATO is facing reaching its 70th anniversary, changes in Europe’s political elites, how the digital age transforms political power, the West’s relations with Russia, and how new powers are shaping up regions of influence.
The full agenda can be found here.
The lineup of renowned speakers includes:
- Krišjānis Kariņš, Prime Minister of the Republic of Latvia
- Egils Levits, President of the Republic of Latvia
- Annegret Kramp-Karrenbauer, Federal Minister of Defence of the Federal Republic of Germany
- Malcolm Rifkind, Former British Foreign Minister and Former Minister of Defence
- John Herbst, Director of the Atlantic Council's Eurasia Center
- Edward Lucas, Senior Vice-President at Center for European Policy Analysis
Stay tuned to Hromadske International’s Twitter account for live tweet updates from throughout the conference. And be sure to tag your tweets about the Riga Conference with the hashtag #RigaConf19.