The Russian forces kidnapped the Head of the Hornostaivka community (hromada), Dmytro Liakhno. Kakhovka city territorial hromada reports that Russian forces brutally beat the Head of the community and then took him in an unknown direction.
Hromada representatives say that on the morning of August 3, armed Russian invaders kidnapped Liakhno from his house. It is assumed that Russian forces kidnapped the Head of the community because he refused to cooperate with the Russian forces. Volunteer Oleksandr Slisarenko was also kidnapped by Russian forces.
Kakhovka territorial hromada reports that as of July 3 the following Heads of territorial communities and city Mayors are in Russian captivity:
- Yevhenii Matveev – Mayor of Dniporudne
- Oleksandr Shmyhol – Head of Vilkhiv village
- Oleksandr Babych – Mayor of Hola Prystan
- Ihor Kolykhaev – Mayor of Kherson
- Valentyna Kostenko – Head of Velyka Kopanya village
- Dmytro Liakhno – Head of Horostaiivka village
- Serhii Khilchenko – Head of Khrestivka village
- Petro Zbarovskii – Head of Novotroitske village